ATTENTION ALL PARENTS!
Here Are Twelve Rules For
Raising Delinquent Children:
1. Begin with infancy to give the child everything he wants.
this way he will grow up to believe the world owes him a living.
2. When he picks up bad words, laugh at him. This will make him
think he's cute. It will encourage him to pick up "cuter" phrases
that will lift off the top of your head later.
3. Never give him any spiritual training. Wait till he is 21 and
then let him "decide for himself."
4. Avoid the use of the word "wrong." It may develop a guilt
complex. This will condition him to believe later, when he is
arrested for stealing a car, that society is against him and he is
5. Pick up everything he leaves lying around -- books, shoes and
clothing. Do everything for him so he will be experienced in
throwing all responsibilities onto others.
6. Let him read any printed matter he can get his hands on. Be
careful that the silverware and drinking glasses are sterilized,
but let his mind feast on garbage.
7. Quarrel frequently in the presence of your children. In this
way they will not be too shocked when the home is broken up later.
8. Give a child all the spending money he wants. Never let him
earn his own. Why should he have things as tough as you had it?
9. Satisfy his every craving for food, drink and comfort. See that
every sensual desire is satisfied. Denial may lead to harmful
10. Take his part against neighbors, teachers and policemen. They
are all prejudiced against your child.
11. When he gets into real trouble, apologize for yourself by
saying, "I never could do anything with him."
12. Prepare for a life of grief. You will be apt to have it.